To Apply - email your resume to Jobs@signsforsandiego.com
Signs for San Diego is a well established, leading, locally owned sign company in search of a business to business salesperson. If you have a proven track record of finding and developing customers, please evaluate the following qualifications and submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two years of proven sales experience in finding and developing customers.
- Experience in executing a solution based sales approach.
- Character traits of honesty, hard work ethic, a high concern for others, and are willing to accept responsibility for your destiny.
- Willing to pursue goals, handle yourself with confidence, and master product knowledge and sales skills.
- Money motivated and willing to accept a base with high commissions that may reach six figures.
- Have a passion for the sign industry. You enjoy serving customers to help them present a positive business image using our quality sign products.
- A driven personality with an impatience for results, extraverted traits for meeting people and closing sales, controlling the sales process and working independently.
- A positive and optimistic outlook that causes you to see yourself as a successful salesperson who can earn a six figures income.
If your experience matches the qualifications, please be prepared to receive an email request to complete an assessment and questionnaire.
Customer Service/Project Manager
Signs for San Diego is a well established, leading, locally owned sign company in search of a customer service/project manager. If you have a proven track record of serving customers and managing projects, please evaluate the following qualifications and submit your resume to email@example.com
- Ability to interact with people from the construction trade, commercial & multifamily property managers, business owners, franchisers, on interior and exterior signage for businesses in the San Diego and Southern Orange County areas.
- Read blueprints and have some experience in construction bidding.
- Travel to meet in person and use email to answer questions, schedule appointments, resolve issues, following up to track quotes, orders, jobs and projects.
- Sign, media or display experience a plus.
- Manage individual projects, budgets and timelines.
- Coordinate and schedule across design, production and service departments.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- ShopVox Experience a plus.
- Adobe Illustrator skills preferred
- If your experience matches the qualifications, please be prepared to receive an email request to complete an assessment and questionnaire.
Do you know Adobe Illustrator like the back of your hand? Can you show up on time and are you substance free? Are you professional on the phone? Do you know something about wide format printing for signs? Do you know something about car wraps? Do you have "Heart"? Do you stay until the job is done?
Looking for a person that can work independently in an office and small shop setting with Adobe Illustrator. This is about taking a customer's design and redoing it into a vector file. It involves working with other people's ideas - sometimes expressed in a full blown “AI” file ready to go, sometimes as a drawing on the back of a napkin. Most often customers send us a poor jpg file, Microsoft Word text and an idea. Customers are often very sure of what they do not want, but much less sure about what they do want. You would take this and polish it into a "Proof Sheet" or a mock up for the customer. Communication with the customer is key. Customers do not know exactly what they want and need your help to develop their idea into a reality. Working with the customer, morph this into what they want and then set it up into a printable, buildable file. If you know about RIPs (super sized printer driver) printing on vinyl or other sign making, car wrapping equipment it would be great, but not required. Send me a resume. Got a portfolio or work history? Send that too!
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Under the direction of the Owner of Signs for San Diego, the Sign Maker will be responsible for creating the signs needed for customers, promotion and internal use. This requires good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage the internal and external customers. The duties include interfacing with vendors, consultants, and other employees.
SKILL, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES include the following. These may be skills and experiences you already have, or they will be areas you can develop on the job.
Duties will include:
- Interpret customer requirements to provide consultative input regarding appropriate media/output methods.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Understand facility capabilities to determine "in-house" vs. "outsourced" manufacturing and installation.
- Digital graphic manipulation using Adobe Creative Suite and Onyx RIP and color management tools.
- Understand resolution options and optimal enlargement sizes.
- Image sourcing: locate stock photos, understand copyright laws.
- Proofread and inspect jobs for accuracy prior to sending to production. Specifically for spelling, margins, bleeds, cut lines, banding and other common issues
- Provide proofs to customers as necessary and own responsibility for on-time production.
- Help maintain all equipment: computer, printers, cutter, laminator etc.
- Maintain accurate records of WIP and completed jobs and update these in SignVox
- Monitor inventory, making a new tag for every new roll on material that comes it.
- Minimize waste through efficient use of using ink, substrates and vinyl. Keep waste to reuse or donation
- Keep a clean work environment – keep the trash cans empty, jobs in job jackets, food put away and desks clean of things not involved with the job at hand
- Sign production basics: design theory, typography and color theory.
Experience a Plus:
- Experience applying vehicle graphics and wraps
- SignVox software experience
- HP L26500 operation and Maintenance
- Oynx operation
- Graphtec operation and maintenance
- Sign fabrication and installation experience
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a basic understanding and comfort with Adobe Illustrator. You must be a “people person” and have the interpersonal skills to deal with customer, answer the phone and stick with each job until completed.
- The biggest “must have” is Adobe Illustrator skills
- The 2nd biggest “must have” is “heart” – if you want to learn, want to help and are willing to stick with it, most of the other skills and experiences can be developed
DESIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree in a graphic design, Fine Arts or similar study area would help but is not required. Hands on experience in a sign manufacturing environment also is helpful but not required.
- Adobe Creative Suite proficient
- Ability to work with customers on the phone and in person
Applicant must be:
- Independently motivated
- Willing to work hard in a fun, fast-paced team environment
- Interested in continuous improvement
Design and create graphics from customer’s request. Normally the requests come in without some elements required. You may need to reproduce artwork, manipulate file formats, rewrite copy, identify fonts and create designs. This ranges from decals and stickers to very large lighted signs. Work together with other Team Members, vendors and customers to bring all the project elements together. This includes working with Adobe Illustrator, Onyx RIP, Microsoft Office programs, HP large format latex printers, Graphtec plots and large laminators. May also require table work with cutting and shaping, and/or installation.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner. This includes answering the phone, meeting customers in the shop, emailing product proofs (Mock ups) in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Maintain and produce signage
- Maintain visual quality and consistency for all projects.
- Follow all shop processes including using “SignVox”, maintain clean and well kept work areas
- Create sales aids such are price lists, brochures, flyers and other marketing materials as needed.
- Maintain status boards
- Work closely with the owner and other members
- Maintain inventory of necessary supplies and equipment.
- Use courteous and proper etiquette when answering the phones and pages.
- Attend all team and shop meetings.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Previous experience as a sign maker or assistant sign maker, or equivalent.
- Strong illustration and graphic design skills.
- Proficient Adobe In Design, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft office.
- Good problem solving skills, and ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior spelling skills and ability to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members, customers and vendors.
- Ability to complete all tasks in a thorough and timely manner.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in recognizing and accomplishing all tasks where there is a direct job responsibility.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to arrive on time consistently and continually.
- Ability to load and unload rolls of vinyl as required
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Have and maintain a good driving record
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
Signs for San Diego is a small company and has a small company environment. This is an excellent place to take on more elements of the entire project including sales, customer relations, production and installation. The hours are flexible, but so is the demand.