Posted by Frank Murch | Aug 11, 2015 2:08:14 AM
Sometimes it is difficult know a sign really needs service
- Are your lighted sign's dim bulbs casting shadows on your business
- Does your sign get too much much sun exposure and looks faded?
- Is your sign starting to peel and it's making a poor impression?
If any of these symptoms are affecting you, it’s time for sign service repairs & maintenance.
Your custom exterior signs are front-line business tools. At Signs for San Diego, we understand the value of a properly working building sign. Keeping up with sign maintenance is a crucial component in making a favorable first impression with customers. When part (or all) of your sign is not working, your business looks run-down and tells customers that you don’t care about your company. That impression sends customers running away. The expert team at Signs for San Diego repairs all types of neon, fluorescent and LED signs on the ground and up to 30 feet in the air. We have the tools and experience to fix your sign.
These tips will keep your custom exterior signs bright and eye-catching:
- With fluorescent bulbs, it's time to change them when they appear discolored or dim.
- What is a high-output bulb? When your fluorescent bulbs burn out, you need a high-output (HO) replacement.
You can’t find these at Home Depot - they are only available through wholesale electrical and sign distributors. Yes, we stock high-output bulbs for your convenience!
Fluorescent bulbs, as with babies, when brown discoloration appears at one end. It is time to change them.
- Is your sign not turning on? Electric signs, such as illuminated channel letters and lighted sign cabinets, are turned on via timers, sensors, or sometimes both. If you can no longer turn on your sign, give us a call. We'll locate the problem and get your sign back in working condition.
- Have dim bulbs? Replace them! If you replace only one dim bulb, it might look brighter than your other bulbs. It's also better to replace them before they burn out. If your sign is located high above the ground, don't take on the risk of changing the bulb yourself. Call us. We'll use our bucket truck to lift up to your sign. Occasionally, we also use ladders – we have ladders ranging from 6 to 32 feet high.
The risks of doing this yourself:
- Height: We use our bucket truck which takes us up safely to the right place. Occasionally we use ladders – we have 6 foot, 8, 10, 12, 24, and 32 foot ladders. Did you know that 68.5% of the statistics concerning owners falling off of ladders are made up on the spot? Don’t risk it – we have antigravity tools.
- Sign resist: We know and understand shy and resistant signs. We encourage them to open up to us and will fix their problems.
- Removing your sign's face: This can result in a harm and breakage. A broken face can easily cost you $500. We have trained technicians that will pull off a face, repair what is not working and replace the face, making it bright and happy again.
- Once inside the sign, what you discover may be shocking: There is no guarantee you are safe from high voltage and exposed wires. Leaving your exterior sign's repair in the hands of a qualified technician who uses the correct tools will save yourself, your bulbs, your sign.
Pealing Skin is unsightly
The majority of repairs are minor, but accessing many signs requires special equipment, training, and experience. Trust Signs for San Diego with your signage repairs. We're licensed specifically for this type of work (C-45 contractor’s license) with the insurance coverage for every job (General Liability, Worker’s Comp, and equipment).
Ours Services Include:
Signs for San Diego has technicians who are friendly, fast, and efficient. Do you need sign repair services for your exterior signs or interior signs? We can help. To schedule maintenance or sign repair, call us at 760-730-5118.
Areas Served : At Signs for San Diego we serve commercial accounts all over the metro area, but focus on Exterior building signs and repair, sign repair, electrical sign repair, electrical sign repair Oceanside CA, electrical sign repair Carlsbad CA, electrical sign repair Vista CA, electrical sign repair San Marcos CA, electrical sign repair Escondido CA, electrical sign repair Dana Point CA, electrical sign repair Encinitas CA
Topics: electrical sign repair Oceanside CA, electrical sign repair San Marcos CA, electrical sign repair Carlsbad CA, electrical sign repair Vista Ca, electrical sign repair Escondido CA, neon signs, outdoor signs